State Engineering Examination
For a NRI Indian student, pursuing engineering in India isn’t very easy. There are several engineering entrance exams which a student can appear for in order to get admission in premier engineering institutes in India. The top- tier engineering colleges in India take UG admissions primarily according the JEE Rank of the student. Also, as per the latest guidelines issued by DASA / CIWG, from session 2021- 22 onwards, JEE Main Rank will become compulsory for PIO/ NRI/ OCI students.
State Level Engineering Entrance Exams in India:
Even though many NRIs do not prefer to study in state level Govt. colleges, yet if you consider top Institutes of a particular state, then education-wise they are a really good option.
If you wish to apply to the state level govt. colleges, you should appear for any or both of the mentioned exams:
- JEE Main
- State level Engineering Entrance Exams: Every state in our country has its unique state engineering entrance (except Karnataka). For example, MH CET is the engineering exam for the state Maharashtra; for the state of Uttar Pradesh, it is UPSEE.
Mentioned below is the complete list of state level Engineering Entrance Tests (or Counseling & Admission Body if they don’t have any exam):
List of all other engineering examinations are listed below:
- COMEDK (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka)
- TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission)
- KEAM (Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical)
- Amrita AEEE
- MHTCET (maharashtra Common Entrance Test)
- KEA - CET
- UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam)
- Assam CCE
- CENTAC JET (Centralised Admission Committee Joint Entrance Test Pondicherry)
- Bihar CET (Bihar Common Entrance Test)
- KRLMPCA CET - (Karnataka Religious & Linguistic Minority Professional Colleges Association Common Entrance Test)
- BPEE CET (Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations Common Entrance Test)
- Punjab CET (Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test)
- Orissa JEE (Orissa Joint Entrance Examination)
- RPET (Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test)
- MP PET (Madhya Pradesh Professional examination Test)
- WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board)
- IPU CET (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test)
- PJET (Puducherry Joint Entrance Test)
- ICFAI - ATIT
- JCECE - Jharkhand
- PET - Chattisgarh
- GOA CET
- Manipal CET
- VEL Tech - VITUEE
- Shiv Nadar University & VELS
- Alliance University
- Galgotia University
- PES University
- IIAD (Indian Institute of Art & Design)
There are several state-level engineering colleges which provide extremely good experience in learning, practical knowledge & placements. NRI student can take admission in any top state level Institute and if he or she is unable to get into IITs / NITs.
It is important to receive the right guidance & preparation strategy to clear any of these state level engineering entrances to get into best of the best Institutes of a specific state of India.
Some of the well-known State Level Engineering Colleges are:
- Jammu & Kashmir- Islamic University of Science & Technology, Pulwama
- Jharkhand- Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi
- Haryana- University of Engineering & Technology, Kurukshetra
- Chattisgarh- Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg
- Goa- Goa College of Engineering, Ponda
- Punjab- Thapar University, Patiala, GNDU Amritsar
It is very important to do a proper research before you fill in your application forms.
NRIs’ Alternate Options for Engineering in India:
DASA / CIWG via the SAT Subject Tests and JEE Main Rank:
The NRI students can apply for admission in NITs, CFTIs, IIITs & SPAs under the DASA / CIWG Scheme.
These schemes offer superb opportunity to NRI, PIO, OCI & Foreign Students to get admission in renowned Engineering and Architecture colleges across India. They must register under themselves under this scheme & submit their ‘JEE Main / SAT Scores’ if they wish to be in top-notch Engineering Colleges of India.
Useful JEE Main Links You Should Not Miss:
JEE Details You Should Not Miss:
JEE Coaching Centers:
JEE Main & Advance Preparation Resources:
How to register for JEE Online Preparation Courses:
Fill up the form above on right hand side. On receiving your information, you will be called up by JEE counsellor for course explanation. After filing up enrolment form link and fee submission your classes will start.
You can directly call us on +91 8800 1234 92 or write us at email@example.com