JEE Preparation Strategy for NRI Students:
Are you a student residing in UAE or Oman & want to prepare for the JEE? Are you passionate to study in the reputed engineering colleges of India but are not sure about how to prepare for its entrance exam?
Many NRI, PIO, OCI students face this difficulty while preparing for JEE Mains & Advanced to take admissions for undergraduate engineering & architecture courses. Either the guidance or the study materials are lacking in foreign locations. Therefore, students residing outside India need additional help to prepare for JEE. If you are facing similar problems, fret not.
Here are a few tips to help you form a sound strategy for JEE preparation:
- Keep up with the updated information: The first and foremost step is to double check the eligibility, syllabus, exam centres & the exam date especially because the PIO, OCI & NRI Students end up having numerous doubts about these topics. Once you are confident that you are eligible, you can set milestones & deadlines to help you prepare the best possible way. Every year many students, who choose foreign exam centres, end up making a mistake of reporting to those centres at local time. The right way is to report according to Indian Std Time (IST). Hence, following the updated information is really important.
- Focus on a comprehensive study: In the beginning of JEE Preparation, it is better to focus on the topics in sequence. This helps you relate all the topics & understand why one concept led to derivation of the other. Dedicate a minimum of 6 hours every day for self-study and JEE preparation on your day offs. Once the whole syllabus is covered, make sure to revise & practice using various study materials available in market & online. Almost every JEE Aspirant living in India enrols into JEE Coaching centres to cope up with the competition. Because this may not be possible for NRIs residing abroad, Online JEE Coaching & study materials can help them a lot.
Focus on more scoring topics: Students must be thoroughly aware of the weightage of chapters in each of the subjects. This helps in focusing on topics that are more scoring. For instance, there are a few topics which are covered under Physics as well as Chemistry. You can prepare such topics thoroughly to score well in both subjects.
Solve mock tests: All of your JEE preparation will go to waste if you can’t finish the exam on time. It can be either because you are not aware of the exam pattern or if you take more than the stipulated time to solve each question. Practicing through mock tests can help you manage time according to the topics that are more scoring & that requires less time to solve. You can even improve your accuracy along with speed.
Solve last year question paper: A majority of the students focus solely on practise papers and forget to pay attention to previous year papers. Rather, it is very important to solve them. You will get an idea of the pattern, the difficulty level, and the important topics as well. It can help boost your confidence to take the actual exam.
Learn the formulas: It is very important is to memorise the formulas along with having the understanding to derive each of them. This is because many of the memorized formulas can save your time in deriving or solving various equations.
- Get Your Hands On The Best Study Materials: It is essential , especially for NRI Students, to ensure getting their hands on quality JEE study material which is relevant and encompasses the whole syllabus in one go. There are plenty of books, practice papers, ebooks & online JEE Study Material available in the market as well as. Distance Learning Programs & online JEE Coaching are very effective for NRI students residing abroad.
- Devise A Plan And Stick To It: It is very important to formulate an efficient plan and strategy to clear the JEE Mains & Advanced. You must contemplate over your goals, create a fixed timetable for a constant routine and stick to it in order to attain the desired outcomes. Devising an efficacious plan and adhering to it can help you fulfil your long-awaited dream of entering the IITs , NITs or CFIs.
- Avoid Stress And Take Regular Breaks: Coping with the JEE syllabus can be quite difficult at times. Stress related to exams can have a negative impact on wellbeing of the students. No matter what, you should never skip meals and compromise with sleep as these functions can influence your productivity to a great extent. Irrespective of how vital it is, you should never let exam stress prevail and take over your mind.
NRI Students must realise that cracking the JEE examination is no walk in the park. Each year, Lakhs of students appear for the JEE with the hopes of making it to India's most prestigious universities such as IITs, NITs, CFIs, SPAs, IIITs & a few more. Nevertheless, only a small percentage of bright candidates are able to secure admissions in these. If you are really fervent about winning your undergraduate degree in engineering & architecture from these well-versed universities, you must remain dedicated towards your JEE preparation.
Useful JEE Main Links You Should Not Miss:
JEE Details You Should Not Miss:
JEE Coaching Centers:
JEE Main & Advance Preparation Resources:
How to register for JEE Online Preparation Courses:
Fill up the form above on right hand side. On receiving your information, you will be called up by JEE counsellor for course explanation. After filing up enrolment form link and fee submission your classes will start.
You can directly call us on +91 8800 1234 92 or write us at email@example.com