JEE Reservation For EWS Students
The JEE Main Reservation Criteria 2021 has been announced by the National Testing Agency. JEE Main 2021 reservation criteria include category wise reservation for candidates and the conditions of eligibility to apply for reservation.
Only the Indian candidates belong to the General category will be eligible for reservation in JEE Main. Special advantages in the application, seat allocation and other essential processes are granted to candidates in reservation categories.
NRI / PIO / OCI students must know about the DASA / CIWG quota
Reservation for EWS students came after the 124th Amendment Bill in the Constitution of India, which was agreed upon in the January session of the Parliament. According to this, 10% of reservation in jobs and education would be granted to the EWS candidates belonging to the General quota candidates.
Students who are not covered under this scheme are: SCs, STs, and OBCs and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakh fall under EWS for benefit of reservation.
The cut off for General category was at 89.7548849 while the EWS students had a cut off as 78.2174869. The advantage of reservation under EWS can be availed upon creation of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority.
How to Claim Reservation for JEE Main 2021?
How to claim for reservation? Many of the students don't know, we will walk you through it with all possibilities of reservation
Whether you're considered as Economically Weak or not, is predicated on the income and assets of your family. to return under EWS, you'll got to satisfy all the measures listed below.
1. You aren't availing the reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs.
2. Your family* features a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakh.
3. Not having 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
4. Not having a residential flat of 1000 square foot and above.
5. Not having a residential plot of 100 square yards and above in notified municipalities.
6. Not having a residential, plot of 200 square yards and above in areas aside from the notified municipalities.
7. Family income is Parents and Siblings (below the age of 18 years) income only.
8. The mention of category and its details in the JEE Main 2021 Application Form is mandatory.
9. Present at the time of JEE Main Counselling the appropriate and valid certificates for verification.
10. f a candidate fails to provide the documentation needed-they will be considered in the unreserved category.
JEE Main Reservation For EWS Students Criteria 2021 - Key Highlights
Joint Entrance Exam popularly known as JEE (Main) is a national level entrance test conducted every year.
This well-known entrance exam is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) which is framed by MHRD, Govt. of India. Through this exam, candidates qualifying the entrance test are given admission into UG engineering programmes in various IITs, NITs, CFTIs and other renowned institutions.
JEE Main 2021 will be organized in the month of January 2021 and in April 2021 via online CBT mode.
JEE Main 2021 Application process will begin from first week of September 2020 (January session) through online mode. Candidates will be able to register themselves for JEE Main through NTA website.
Required Documents for EWS Category Students To Avail Quota
Below I will walk through your required documents, which are required to get EWS quota when applying for JEE :
1.Copy of passport-sized photograph with the date and signature
2.scanned copy of signature to upload
3.Date of birth as shown on Class 10
4.Class 10 certificate and Class 12 mark sheet
5. EWS Certificate
6.Valid Email ID and mobile number for JEE registration
7.Details of identification proof such as passport / adhaar card / voter ID / ration card etc
8.Debit card/credit card / net banking information to pay JEE Main application fee
EWS category students need to upload the above-mentioned documents in the format and dimension of images given below: