CSAB Counselling: Special Seat Allocation Round via JEE Mains Rank
For candidates who appeared for & qualified JEE Mains or JEE Advanced, they must have surely gone through JoSAA Seat Allotment Process to take admissions in IIT/ NIT/ IIITs/ CFI/ or SPA. Despite that, some candidates may not have been able to get a desired course/Institute.
Well fear not, you still have a chance in the special round for counselling via CSAB Counselling 2019 for admissions in NITs, CFIs IIITs, SPAs using your JEE Mains Rank.
What is CSAB Counselling?
Abbreviation for Central Seat Allocation Board, CSAB Counselling is conducted after JoSAA Seat Allotment Procedures are completed. CSAB Counselling is a special round of counselling/seat-allocation conducted to fill up the leftover/ remaining seats that were not filled during the JoSAA Seat Allocation Process.
JEE Mains 2019: Special Seat Allocation Rounds
- To participate in this special round of seat allocation, interested students must register for CSAB Counselling on its official website (csab.nic.in).
- The mode of registration for CSAB Counselling is online & all its sub procedures including the registration, choice marking, fee payment and allotment of seats will be done online as well.
- Only those candidates can apply for this who have cleared/qualified JEE Mains. The Institutes they can choose from are the NITs, IIITs, CFIs & SPAs for admissions in Under Graduate Courses in Engineering & Architecture.
- The CSAB registration process, for 2019, began on 25th July 2019. The registration, fee payment for counselling participation & choice filling ends on 27th July 2019.
- Applicants can mark their choice of Institutes/ courses & they will be allotted those Institutes/courses based on their JEE Mains Rank.
- To get an estimate of how many seats are vacant in which colleges & for what courses, CSAB has also provided a ‘Tentative Seat Vacancy’ list on its official website.
- The opening & closing JEE Mains Rank (for Round 1) for each of the Institutes can also be found on website of CSAB. Here is its direct link.
Above image is a screenshot of the CSAB login portal & the entries it asks during login (JEE Mains Application number).
CSAB Round 1 Seat Allocation:
After the CSAB Counselling Process is completed, the Seat Allotment result for Special Round 1 is to be declared on 28th July 2019 (5PM IST).
Once the results for round 1 are out, candidate must deal with the following 2 processes within 29 July 10 AM to 31 July 2019 - 5 PM IST:
- Perfrom the Seat Acceptance (Freeze, Slide or Float) depending on your choice & the alloted Institute/course.
- Alternatively the candidate can 'Surrender the alloted seat' for participating in the next round OR for not participating in next round.
CSAB Round 2 Seat Allocation:
As per CSAB’s official announcement, 2 special rounds of counselling is being conducted. The 2nd round is conducted after the results of round 1 are released & above mentioned procedures of round 1 are dealt with.
- Result announcement date for Round 2 is 1 August 2019 (5 PM IST).
Document Verification & Fee Payment:
After announcement of CSAB Counselling Rounds, candidates can proceed with Document Verification at the Reporting Centre (allotted Institute or specific reporting centre). Upon the completion of successful document verification, students can make the seat acceptance fees/tuition fees for their alloted Institutes.
Reporting at centre for Document Verification: 2nd Aug to 5th Aug 2019 (10 AM to 5 PM IST)
What if I couldn't find my choice of course/Institute in CSAB Counselling?
If you couldn’t get your choice of Institute/Course, you can opt for CSAB- SFTI Counselling Round.
SFTI: Self Financed Technical Institutions could be Private Institutes, etc. that fall under:
Top 200 Institutes based on NIRF India Rankings 2019
2/3rd of the courses (by those Institutes) must be NBC/NAAC accredited.
The list of such Institutes (& its courses & vacant seats) will be released once the CSAB SFTI Counselling starts. It will be updated soon on the CSAB website & the information/news will soon be updated on this site as well. Stay tuned if you are willing to participate in this.