Collection of informationInformation you provide
TestprepKart collects information from you when you choose to provide it to us. For example, we may collect your information when you submit a webform requesting information about one of our course offerings (“Course, Free Demo, Download Material etc.”), otherwise provide information to us through the Websites, or otherwise contact us. The information we collect may include personal information – name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, class, entrance exam details or content of any communications that we exchange, as well as non-personal information. In some cases, we require your personal information in order to perform a contract or to comply with a legal obligation.
Tracking options and Do-Not-Track disclosures
Our combination of your information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, via the Websites and from Other Sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve the Websites. We may use your information like images, videos, email testimonials, social media mentions etc. on TestprepKart website / Media platforms to showcase how we engage with students. This is typically done for marketing purposes on the website and on marketing campaigns run by TestprepKart. Video recordings of demo sessions / analysis sessions can be uploaded on TestprepKart media platforms to educate free visitors.
We do not direct the Website to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of 16.
How we use your informationPurposes for collecting and processing personal information
We process personal information under the following legal bases:
- To fulfill a contract or take steps linked to a contract, including:
- providing our services
- verifying your identity
- taking payments
- communicating with you
- To conduct TestprepKart’s business and pursue our legitimate interests in marketing our business, ensuring that we conduct our business in line with our objectives, improving and developing our products and services, and keeping our records accurate and up to date. This includes:using your information to provide products and services you have requested and responding to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- using your information to provide products and services you have requested and responding to any comments or complaints you may send us.
- personalizing your experience on the Websites and in any Course in which you choose to enroll and to help us to better respond to your individual needs;
- targeting advertising to groups of individuals with similar interests or characteristics through services offered by third party Service Providers, such as Facebook Custom Audiences or other similar business tools.
- developing new products or services or conducting analyses to enhance current products and services
- reviewing the usage and operations of the Websites and analyzing and improving the Websites (we continually strive to improve the Websites based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- contacting you for legitimate business purposes
- using personal information to invite individuals to take part in market research
- where consent is not required by applicable law, for direct marketing purposes
- protecting the security and functionality of the Website, including using personal information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others about our Websites or our products and services.
- We conduct balancing tests for the data processing we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we have described above. For more details on the balancing test we have carried out, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also have the right to object to our use of your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests as described at the outset of this policy.
- To protect the security and functionality of the Websites. This includes:
- if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, using third parties to check the validity of the sort code or routing number, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud (see How We Disclose Your Data);
- monitoring customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law.
- Where you give us consent. This includes:
- where consent is required by applicable law, sending you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by TestprepKart, its parent company, CounselKart Educational Services Pvt. Ltd., and the CounselKart Educational Services Pvt. Ltd. family of companies;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, using the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law. This includes:
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation;
- using personal information in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary, including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation.
Use of de-identified, aggregate or anonymized information
How we disclose your information
TestprepKart shares your information with other entities or individuals in the following circumstances:
- The CounselKart Educational Services Pvt. Ltd. family of companies: Where you have expressed interest and given your consent, we share your information with our parent company, CounselKart Educational Services Pvt. Ltd., and within the CounselKart Educational Services Pvt. Ltd. family of companies to provide you with information about other educational programs.
- Your employer: We share your information with your employer, in the event that the employer is paying for your Course (“Your Employer”). Information disclosed in this case shall include Course performance information, unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing with TestprepKart.
- Fraud; security: We access and disclose your information to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or other technical issues.
- Consent; other: We share information with third parties when we have your consent, or otherwise as described to you at the point of collection.
Information security and data retention
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We maintain what we believe to be appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information and to prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure appropriate use of your information. The accuracy, safety, and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. Even though we do our best to protect your information, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee our security measures. We are not responsible for any unauthorized access to or acquisition of your information.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also may retain your personal information for a longer period of time which enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- Address any complaints regarding the services
- Enforce our commercial agreements
Accessing and managing your personal information
If you are enrolled in a Course, you may access and/or update your personal information through your user profile.
In some instances, you may be eligible to (a) ask us for a copy of your personal information; (b) correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal information; and (c) obtain the personal information you provide to us in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you may have the right under applicable law to object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances.
Your rights regarding your personal information may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person or would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights), or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of the relevant exemption upon which we rely when responding to any request you make.
Our use of certain personal information is necessary for us to provide information to you about the Course or to provide services to you through the Websites or otherwise. If you choose not to provide this personal information or request that TestprepKart delete or restrict the processing of this personal information, you may not be able to participate in the Course, and we may not be able to provide you with other services, including those provided through the Websites or advertised about the Course.
If you wish to access or delete your information as described in this section, please reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public forums; Publicly available content
Any information you may disclose through the Websites, such as on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas, such as on webinars, online classes, trial sessions that you may attend about the Courses, may be viewed by others, such as your classmates and learning facilitators, other website visitors. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
If you do not want TestprepKart to store metadata associated with your content, please write to email@example.com. Removing content from the website is at the sole discretion of TestprepKart.