NRIs Eligibility for NEET
Being an NRI, it's pretty hard to find absolute information regarding NEET. So TestprepKart walks you through the MBBS NRI quota eligibility. Let dig into the details further.
Recently this year MCI has notified the Supreme Court of India in regard to OCI, PIO & NRI for getting admission in Medical Colleges through NEET, that any such reservation will be governed by State government as per local state laws.
The Council will clarify further that it has no specific provision under its own regulations to define whether it is or not (OCIs) and (PIOs) should be treated at par with (NRIs).
As per the Graduate Medical Education Regulation, rules for the NEET admission for Medical Colleges in MBBS and BDS reserved seats in all Government, Private, and Deemed Universities all over India should be done by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) result and it will include NRI students also.
NRI NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Educational Qualification:
Minimum Qualifying marks for appearing NEET 2021 is 50% in 12th standard.
The main subject in class 12th shall be Biology/Botany & Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
NRI NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Age Limit:
The Age limit for NEET 2021 is 25 years (05 years relaxation for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD candidates).
The date of Birth to filled by the candidate in the NEET 2021 Application form should be the same as in the 10th class certificate.
NRI NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Attempts:
After that, all candidates can appear for NEET from 2021 as many times as the upper age limit rule.
MBBS NRI Quota Eligibility Criteria 2021– State Quota:
Any Indian Resident, (NRI) Non-Resident Indian, (OCI) overseas citizen, (PIO) Person of Indian Origin is eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges in India subject to rules and regulations which is framed by the State Governments, Institution and the Government of India (GOI).
Foreign nationals: For Foreign nationals, they are expected to confirm their eligibility from the Concerned Medical/Dental college/state.
NRI NEET Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats:
The following are the eligible categories for NEET 15% All India Quota Seats.
Candidates are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% of the quota in Indian seats
To get admission for NRI students, the following terms & conditions have to be followed:
- According to the Supreme Court of India, It is mandatory to qualify the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for taking admission in MBBS/BDS courses over the country OCI/PIO/NRI
- The person who is supporting the candidate financially should be his/her blood relative For ex-Father / Mother / Brother / Sister / Uncle / Aunt /Paternal & Maternal Cousins only
- Indian Nationals, (NRIs) Non-Resident Indians, (OCIs) Overseas Citizen of India, (PIOs) Persons of Indian Origin & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG & PG)
- Indian Nationals, (NRIs) Non-Resident Indians, (OCIs) Overseas Citizen of India, (PIOs) Persons of Indian Origin & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations which is framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India
- Indian Nationals, (NRIs), (OCIs), (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% of All India Quota Seats
Guidelines for NRI Candidates:
Being an NRI, there are some guidelines you need to follow. We have covered all the guidelines that you have to follow. Please check them in detail:
As per the rule relative of the student should be an NRI and live abroad as an NRI for a minimum of 5 years.
The person who sponsors the student’s fee should be a first-degree relative of the student. (Sibling/Parents).
- If the student has no Father/Mother or near relation or taken as a ward by some other nearest relatives such student also may be considered
- Paternal Uncle/Aunt (Sibling of the father)
- Maternal Uncle/Aunt (Sibling of Mother)
- Grandfather/Grandmother (Paternal)
- Grandfather/Grandmother (Maternal)
- First-degree Paternal and Maternal cousin
- Such a person should be NRI
A sponsor’s proof of NRI/OCI/PIO in the form of a certificate issued by the Indian Embassy / Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India along with the certificate in the prescribed proforma on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.50 by Father/Mother/Guardian.
An affidavit from the sponsor that he/she looks after the student and will sponsor the entire course fee for the candidate.
NRIs bank account passbook of financial support.
Passport, Visa, Residence Proof, Nativity and Work Permit Certificate of that person who is the Financial Sponsor.
NEET Course Features Designed For NRIs / OCIs & PIOs
1. Live and Online NEET Classes – All NEET preparation classes are live and interactive, which means we do not provide any recordings. We do it real-time on our whiteboard with an inbuilt voice and camera features. Such classes help you to interact with faculty in real-time and enable discussion over the topic which is a necessity for NEET preparation. We do not entertain Skype calls etc. for NEET preparation classes. Our online whiteboard is integrated with camera and mic functionality to keep you at ease and make things formal.
2. NEET Study Material – To sincerely prepare for NEET we also help you with NEET study material both in Hard Copy and Soft Copy. Soft copy for NEET material is updated in your account immediately after the enrolment whereas we courier you the Hard Copy of NEET material at your home address. This study material will be used for all the NEET online sessions and discussed accordingly.
3. NEET Online Test – NEET Online Test Series will be provided to the students. This NEET Test Series will be made available to the students in their accounts on the website. To keep you stay updated with your performance we conduct regular NEET Online Tests and based on the performance your class schedule is altered. So that we work on the weaker areas first.
4. NEET Doubt Removal Sessions – Special NEET doubt removal sessions are conducted every month where students can bring all their doubts for clarification by the faculty. These sessions are included and clubbed together in all NEET courses. With this, you don't have to run around to get an answer to the question or an explanation of a concept.
5. NEET Revision Notes – We have made sure that whatever you have learned in class, you should be able to take it back along with you. So, we provide you with the recordings of all these classes directly in your account. You can download your past class from your account and revise it as many times as you want.
NEET Faculties For NRIs / OCIs & PIOs
All NEET aspirants want to study hard and ace the NEET test, we give our 100% but when it comes to the NEET faculty or NEET experts who are supposed to teach you further, is not qualified enough?
Having dealt with NRIs / OCIs & PIOs students across the globe from major cities we found that students don’t have access to the required NEET teachers who are qualified to be NEET Test Expert. Over a period of time students compromise with local tuition teachers or with school teachers, this results in achieving nothing.
When it comes to serious NEET medical preparation, you need a faculty who has trained NEET students in past, who knows about what you are preparing for, what is the paper structure, medical colleges you are targeting for, only then a faculty can help you for your NEET preparation.
To overcome this barrier we help students with the best of NEET faculties online, who have experience of more than 8 years and trained almost 1000+ students.
They know the details to work on and areas to focus on your NEET prep. Your search for the NEET faculties will end here.