Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India for NRIs students
Quite a few Government Medical Colleges in India have reserved seats for NRIs candidates who wish to study MBBS in India. Most of these candidates come from UAE, USA, Singapore.
They must appear for the NEET exam, held annually for admission to undergraduate medical courses.
TOP 10 Government Medical Colleges in India for NRIs students
1. JLN Medical College (Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College), AMU:
M.B.B.S. JLN Medical College is offered to the NRIs candidates through a quota meant for Foreign Nationals or Children of Non-resident Indians.
2. SVIMS (Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences), Tirupati:
The admission for NRIs candidates for SVIMS is conducted through Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
3. GMC (Gandhi Medical College), Bhopal:
Here, fees for NRIs candidates for hostel and other funds of the college are the same as that of Indian students.
5. GMCH (Government Medical College and Hospital), Chandigarh:
GMCH does not allow the sponsored NRIss category as of now, but this is being contested by many students who wish to apply under the sponsored NRIs category.
6. GMERS (GMERS Medical College and Hospital), Gandhinagar:
Located in Gujarat’s capital, GMERS is a great choice for the wards of Gujarati NRIs.
7. GMC, Patiala (Government Medical College):
Here, preference is given to those NRIs candidates who belong to Punjab.
8. PBDS PGIMS (Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences), Rohtak:
Preference is given to candidates who are themselves NRIs and belong to Haryana.