JEE Eligibility For IIITs
IITs are most prominent institutes in India, NRI students wish to take admission into IITs, DASA quota is not applicable in IITs, To take admission into IITs NRI students must have to take the JEE Main + Advanced This article will help you to be prepared for IITs.
Joint examination Main or JEE Main 2021 national level examinations are held for admission to varied undergraduate courses in architecture and engineering. This examination also acts as a preliminary test for JEE Advanced, the ultimate examination to qualify for a seat in an IIIT.
Currently, there are Student Exchange Programs (SEP) in IITs, which permit foreign students to check and do research in these institutes.
Eligibility Criteria to Get Admission Into IIIT:
To take admission into IITs, NRI students must have to take the JEE Main & JEE Advanced. The essential requirement to take admission into IIT is your JEE Main + JEE Advanced score. This is the new conducting body of JEE Main or NTA, has introduced some necessary changes within the eligibility criteria for this examination, they have been very specific about their requirements on the list.
Read on to seek out information about these required eligibility criteria.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
The JEE Main exam is conducted twice during a year, over 2 sessions – January and April. Keeping in mind that aspirants would wish time to organize for this national level examination,
NTA released the list of important dates relevant to the present test, including registration, application, admit card release, the initial date of entrance, etc.
The Eligibility criteria for droppers in JEE Main
These are the two categories of JEE Main examination
- Candidates who appeared for the JEE Main last year failed to qualify and can be making an attempt for it once.
- Students who passed their 12th previous year, took a year gap to prepare for JEE Main and can be shown for it this year.
IIT JEE Eligibility Criteria (Advanced)
JEE Advanced 2021's eligibility criteria consist of the conditions and requirements that candidates must fulfill to appear for the entrance exam. Candidates who fail to follow JEE Advanced Criteria for Eligibility 2021 will not be eligible to attempt the exam. Varied factors, such as performance in JEE Main, qualification marks etc.
IIT JEE Criterion 1 - Performance in JEE Main 2021
The candidates must have qualified JEE Main 2021 (Paper 1) and must be among the top 2.50,000 candidates (including all categories). The categories will be divided among the top 250,000 JEE Main eligible applicants, as follows:
- GEN-EWS - 10%
- OBC-NCL - 27%
- SC - 15%
- ST - 7.5%
- OPEN - 40.5%
- PwD - 5% horizontal reservation in all above
IIT JEE Criterion 2 - Age Limit
Candidates born on or after 1 October 1995 are eligible for the JEE Advanced 2021 However, for SC, ST, and PwD candidates (born on or after October 1, 1990) there is a 5 year relaxation.
IIT JEE Criterion 3 - Number of Attempts
The candidates will attempt JEE Advanced up to two times in two consecutive years.
IIT JEE Criterion 4 - Appearance in 12th (or equivalent) Examination
For the first time in 2020 or 2021, the applicants would have appeared for the 12th Standard (or equivalent) qualifying test.
However, if the result is announced for the academic year 2018-19 after June 2019, the board's candidates who appeared for their 12th standard qualifying examination in 2019 will also be considered eligible for JEE Advanced 2021 if they also meet the other eligibility
Required Documents To Get Admission Into IITs:
Every IIT has different requirements, Below we are going to mention important essential documents for NRIs
- Class X certificate and mark sheet (Original and one attested copy)
- Class XII certificate and mark sheet (Original and one attested copy)
- Proof of date of birth (if not mentioned in the Class X certificate)
- Caste certificate wherever applicable.
- JEE 2021 Branch and Institute allotment letter
- JEE 2021 Admit Card
- 10 Passport size photographs
- 5 stamp size photographs
- Receipt of the payment with JEE and Hostel Fee Challan
- Challan receipt of hostel/mess payment
- Affidavit / Certificate of Income proof of parents duly attested by first class magistrate / Tehsildar / Revenue officer and if parents are govt. employee submits a copy of form 16 issued from the employer.
Minimum Marks To get admission In IIITs,
NTA will discharge the IIIT JEE Main cut off once the test finishes up and the outcomes are proclaimed. In 2019, the IIIT JEE cut off score for general class understudies was 74 while that for OBC – NCL competitors was 45.
Things to Keep In Mind While Preparing For IIT
Usually, students study for about 1 or 2 years to prepare for IIIT-JEE. So, planning plays an important role. A good planning strategy will keep you focused and result in better gains. Make a to-do list, set your goals, work out how much time is needed to achieve them, and allocate a realistic time frame.
See if you are able to achieve them, if yes, set more ambitious goals next time, if not, analyse what went wrong and how you can improve. I am sure you would be able to crack the JEE in the coming years.
A really crucial issue facing IIIT aspirants is the downside of your time management. To manage this, it's imperative that students examine their daily schedules and then calculate what proportion of time, they will devote to IIIT preparation if they try terribly arduously.
It's vital to relinquish correct importance to any or all the 3 subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and arithmetic. additional that that's the necessity to be regular and systematically follow the projected daily timetable.
Revise whereas you devise
Revision is the crux of IIIT preparation. It's vital to place the topics learned to follow and this is often wherever revision involves the rescue. The additional the following, the additional the perfection of the subject accessible. therefore whereas you prepare the unfinished course of study, you furthermore might revise the topics that are already learnt. as an example, suppose that you just are ready to place in four hours of study everyday.
You may presumably use two of these four hours for advancing on your (unfinished) course of study and therefore the different two for editing elements of what you've already coated up there to a specific day.
Preparation Tips To get Admission Into IIITs -
1. Always begin from BASICS as a result of “without a base, there will be no altitude” and “journey of a thousand miles begins with one step”.
2. Always BUILD UPRIGHT & acceptable BASICS as a result of “once the track of train changes, it'll continue solely that track”. thus perpetually choose the correct track and follow that systematically.
3. Your study schedule ought to be specified so you get the time for a bit of relaxation and pleasure daily.
4. Having a time schedule is ok however REGULARITY in studies is that the combination which will assist you to crack the communication.
5. Motivation is very important all the means until you reach associate degree IIT of your selection
6. Contemporaries that match your goals is the best company you may keep throughout your IIT JEE Preparation. Select your friends with wisdom such that they're your strengths and assist you be competitive and up to now also as intended.
TestprepKart offers guidance and a range of resources to help students looking for schools and financial assistance.
Useful JEE Main Links You Should Not Miss:
JEE Details You Should Not Miss:
JEE Coaching Centers:
JEE Main & Advance Preparation Resources:
How to register for JEE Online Preparation Courses:
Fill up the form above on right hand side. On receiving your information, you will be called up by JEE counsellor for course explanation. After filing up enrolment form link and fee submission your classes will start.
You can directly call us on +91 8800 1234 92 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org