- They can seek NRI quota through DASA.
- They can use SAT II score and can get into premier engineering institute like NITs and IIITs.
- Being bereft of Indian Education system, they can still think of quality engineering education in India.
- The cost of admission in NITs and other premier engineering institutes in India is less, in comparison with other universities in the USA.
- DASA 2018-19: Admission Brochure
- The Ultimate Guide for DASA 2019-20
- DASA 2019-20: Fee Structure
- Application Filling & Submission for DASA/CIWG 2019-20
- Scanned Documents Required for DASA/CIWG 2019-20
- DASA 2019-20 - Cutoffs - Round 1, 2, 3 & 4
- DASA UG 2019-20: Seat Matrix
- NIT Through DASA
- DASA FAQs
The SAT Subject Tests consist of more than 20 different Subject Tests. These tests include various subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Spanish, Literature, Social Studies and many more. On the date of the test, the student can appear for any three Subject Tests. The time allotted for each test is for one hour and it consists of multiple choice questions only.
SAT is a test which determines the verbal, writing and mathematical skills of the students whereas the SAT Subject Tests are quite different. The SAT Subject Tests determines the knowledge of the student related to the particular subjects like Biology, Chemistry, History and so on.
The SAT Subject Test is used by the colleges to assess the ability of the students to succeed in their institution. This contributes to the college's decision related to the admission and the placement of those students. Similar to the SAT, the SAT Subject Test helps to provide a benchmark which helps the colleges in better comparisons between the students from different schools and educational backgrounds. This helps the colleges to determine how effectively the student will be able to handle their curriculum. The SAT Subject Test score is also used to decide what course is suitable for the student depending upon his calibre. For example, if a student has scored high marks in Maths, then the college will exempt the student from attending the introductory Maths course.
A student should take only that Subject Test in which he or she is confident of scoring high. High Scores enhances the chances of the admission of the students to the prestigious colleges accepting the SAT Subject Test Score. But, unfortunately, there are some colleges which accept the scores of only particular SAT Subject Tests. So, it is important that before any student registers himself/herself for these tests, they should always check which colleges accept which subject test score. Again, it is advised to regularly check the website of the College Board for the updated and accurate information.