CIWG stands for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries. CIWG is a scheme generated by the Ministry of India for the children of Indian expatriates in Gulf countries looking for admissions at the premier Indian Institutes through the DASA scheme.
- According to the CIWG scheme, there will be 1/3rd reservation of seats of DASA for the Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries (CIWG). However, any vacant seats out of the 1/3rd category of CIWG shall be reverted to the 2/3rd quota seats meant for other different categories of DASA. The 1/3 reserved category of CIWG will be reverted to the 2/3rd quota if not filled within the spot round.
- The eligibility criteria of CIWG will remain the same as that of the NRI’s. The candidates will have a separate option for CIWG or NRI or for both in their application forms. If the candidate opts for both the categories, then he or she will be required to pay a fee which is applicable to the NRI category i.e. 4300 USD. But, if the candidate gets a seat under the CIWG, the additional amount due will be refunded to the student as per the rules.
- Students who fall under the CIWG scheme are required to submit a proof showing either parent working in a gulf country. Appendix III mentioned in the brochure is required to be submitted. This has to be duly signed by the employer of the parent of the student working in Gulf. The passport copy, visa copy and the work permit (in case any) of the child’s parent in Gulf are also required to be submitted as the proof for the CIWG category.
- If suppose the seats under the CIWG category are exhausted during the counselling, then the candidate will become eligible for the other 2/3rd quota if the candidate has opted for both CIWG as well as NRI (Indian students who have done their 11th and 12th outside India). He/she should have also paid the full fee of 4300 USD.
- The academic eligibility for the students under the CIWG category remains the same as in case of other DASA candidates.
- The candidate is required to make a payment of USD 300 as registration fee which is non-refundable and USD 700 as the tuition fee one semester. The fee of the resident student will be applicable. In case there is any change in the tuition fee from the competent authority will be applicable to CIWG also.
CIWG Scheme for students in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc. For details see our detail video below:
CIWG Cut off Details Round 1, 2 & 3