JEE 2020 Marking Scheme for Paper 1 & 2:
JEE Exam is your ticket to the prestigious Engineering & Architecture Institutes of India. These include the IITs, NITs, SPAs, IIITs, CFIs & all other JoSAA Participating Colleges. Whether you are a JEE Aspirant residing in India or an NRI Student residing abroad, knowing about the Marking Scheme strengthens your JEE Preparation & helps you focus better on the more important & scoring topics.
Mentioned below are some of the key facts about the JEE 2020 exams:
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test(CBT)
- Number of Attempts: 2
- Type of Questions given: Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Total Time Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Total Number of Questions which need to be attempted: 90
- Language of the Paper: English
JEE Mains 2020 Marking Scheme:
It is vital to know about the marking scheme of JEE examination 2020 so that you can reach your target score. This will be extremely helpful during preparation phase of the exam especially when the students are taking different JEE mock tests. Mentioned below is the marking scheme for JEE Main 2020.
- Marks given for each Correct Answer: 4 marks
- Marks for the Wrong Answer: 1 mark ( For every incorrect answer which you give, 1/4th of total mark which is allocated to the question will be deducted)
- Total Marks which a student can get: 360
- Total number of questions: 90 questions with each section/subject comprising of 30 questions each.
- Total questions for Physics: 30
- Total Marks which a student can get in Physics:120
- Total questions for Chemistry: 30
- Total Marks which a student can get in Chemistry:120
- Total questions for Mathematics: 30
- Total Marks which a student can get in Mathematics:120
- Total Duration of the Exam- 3 hours for normal candidates. For candidates with 40% disabilities, it is 4 hours
This marking scheme can be used by the students as and when the answer key is put out by NTA. The marking scheme for JEE Mains basically helps the students to calculate their expected marks in JEE Main 2020 Exam.
Sections of JEE Paper 1- For B.E./ B.Tech:
- Part I - Physics
- Part II - Chemistry
- Part III – Mathematics
Sections of JEE Paper 2- for B.Arch:
- Part I – Mathematics – Objective type questions
- Part II – Aptitude Test – Objective type questions
- Part III – Drawing Test – Questions based on drawing
Total Number of Questions which you get in JEE Paper 2 = 82 questions.
For each incorrect answer, 1/4h mark of total mark i.e. 4 allotted will be deducted. Hence, negative 1 for each wrong answer. For the JEE Main Drawing Test, the candidate is given marks as per his/ her drawing skills.
JEE Main 2020 is a significant exam for all students who desire to take admissions in well-known engineering colleges across India. Along with the knowledge of JEE Mains marking Scheme, the student should have complete information of the JEE Syllabus in order to clear this key exam. This will enable them in prepare for their JEE Main 2020 in a much more efficient and effective way.
Number of Attempts for JEE Main 2020:
There is a limit to number of times a student can appear for the JEE Main exam. They can only appear for the exam total of 3 times. Once the student has made three attempts, he or she will become ineligible to appear for this exam again. So, prepare properly so that you can clear the JEE Mains in your very first two attempts.