There are six subject groups in IB from which students will have to select one subject from each group. These subjects are as given below- Studies in language and literature - This subject consists of three courses
- Language A: literature
- Language A: language and literature
- Literature and performance
- Language ab initio
- Language B courses
- Latin or Classical Greek coursework
- Business Management
- Global politics
- Information Technology in a Global Society
- Social and Cultural Anthropology
- World Religions (Standard Level only).
- Computer science
- Design technology
- Sports, Exercise and Health Science
- Environmental systems and societies
- Mathematical studies standard level
- Mathematics SL
- Mathematics higher level
- Further mathematics higher level
- Visual arts
The International Baccalaureate is world's leading curricular framework that encourages students to become active and compassionate learners. The goal of IB program is to inspire students to become open minded and principled risk takers. IB is divided into three programs for students between the age group of 3 -19 years with each program offering its own benefits.
Primary Years Program (PYP) The PYP is for students from kindergarten to grade 5. This program focusses on overall growth of a child means academic, personal, physical, emotional and cultural development.
Middle Years Program (MYP) This program is for students from grade 6 to 10 and combines academic excellence along with opportunities to engage with the world. It enables students to do critical evaluation of personal and global issues.
IB Diploma Program (DP) IB DP is a two-year program which is quite challenging in nature and is for students who are in final years of high school. It enables oral, written and analytical skills among students along with creativity, action and service (CAS) requirement that develops a better understanding of the world and themselves in students which are necessary for success.
The International Baccalaureate is a world-leading curricular framework and is globally recognized. It is an international organization and is free of any educational, national or political agendas. The benefits of IB program are:
- The IB Diploma gives the students access to the top colleges and universities in India and the world. IB is has become the most preferred program among students preparing to pursue higher education abroad.
- The IB curriculum enables students with the qualities such as self-confidence, research skills and organizational skills needed to succeed in higher studies.
- Some universities across the world offer scholarships to IB diploma holders.
- IB enhances students with all unique qualities required by top universities such as self-confidence, research skills and organizational skills.
The student assessment in IB is a direct evidence of achievement against the goals of the Diploma Programme (DP) courses. Student results are determined by their performance. The IB uses both external and internal assessment. External assessment - Examination are an important form of assessment of all the courses. They include:
- structured problems
- short-response questions
- data-response questions
- text-response questions
- case-study questions
- multiple-choice questions – though these are rarely used.
- Oral work in languages
- fieldwork in geography
- laboratory work in the sciences
- investigations in mathematics
- artistic performances